Create A Saving Goal In Money Management
Take a few minutes to think over your long-term and short-term savings goals. These can include saving for retirement, a dream vacation or covering a large purchase like a recreational vehicle or a new phone. Make sure to assign a dollar value for each goal.
It’s important to note that it’s best to start by setting up an emergency savings goal. Saving $1,000 in an emergency-only account is a good start, but working toward 3–6 months of living expenses is even better.
To create a savings goal:
- Click the “+” button at the top right.
- Click the “Savings” goal type.
- Select a more specific type of savings goal. You can choose from: emergency fund, automobile, college, home, recreational, vacation, electronic, or other.
- Edit the details for the goal: give it a name and set an amount you would like to save for your goal.
- Click the “Select an Account” field. A window will appear listing all your non-checking, non-debt accounts.
- Click the account you’d like to use for this goal.
- Click “Save.”
This goal will now appear on the main page of Goals – a green circle above the date when the savings goal is expected to be achieved.To see details and make changes to a savings goal:
- Click the green savings goal on the timeline.