Getting Started – Use Budget in Money Management
When you first use Budgets, you have two options:
- Click “Auto-Generate Budgets” to let the software budget for you, or;
- Click “Start from Scratch” to create your own budgets.
We encourage you to use the auto-generate budgets feature; it will create budgets based on your average spending in each category over the last two months for which there are complete data.
Note: The auto-generate feature will be more helpful if you have first added all your accounts and accurately categorized your transactions.
Review your generated budgets and adjust them if necessary. You can decide which categories you do and do not want included. If a category was added during auto-generation that you do not want in your budget, you can delete it. You may also automatically recalculate your budgets at any time, or delete all your budgets to start from scratch again.
Start from Scratch
If you choose to start from scratch, the software will present a list of spending categories.To create budgets from scratch:
- Select the “+” to the right of a category to create a budget for it. A window will appear with a suggested amount for that category.
- Enter the amount you’d like to allocate for that category, or simply leave the suggested amount as-is.
- Click “Save” to create the budget for that category or “Cancel” if you change your mind.
- Repeat the steps above for all other desired categories.